Frequently Asked Questions
A: The Co-Curricular Record (CCR) provides a centralized database of activities that lets students easily search for opportunities beyond the classroom. Students will be able to find opportunities that suit their lifestyle, and search by campus/faculty/college, areas of interest, or time of day. Competencies will be linked to activities, which will help students make the connection between their involvement and learning, allowing them to frame their experiences and skills to employers, graduate and/or professional programs, and for awards and scholarships. Students will be able to print at any point an official validated record of their involvement at the University of Toronto. Search. Connect. Record.
- The CCR provides a database of activities that lets students easily search for opportunities beyond the classroom
- The CCR helps students see the connection between their engagement and the skills they are developing
- The CCR helps students market their experiences and skills to employers, graduate and/or professional programs, and for grants and bursary applications
- The CCR provides an official and validated record of student involvement at the University of Toronto
A: Students were able to access the Co-Curricular Record database and website starting in September 2013, and student had their opportunities validated over April and May 2014.
A: The CCR is not mandatory, but it is an awesome opportunity to have activities beyond the classroom recorded by the University in an official document.
A: All degree-seeking students, both undergraduate and graduate, at the University of Toronto across all three campuses.
- The activity must have a clear attachment to the university with a recognized faculty or staff member
- The activity must have validation requirements, i.e. criteria students must complete in order to have their position validated
- The activity's positions must be be able to be connected to intentional competencies/skills, as laid out in U of T's competencies framework.
- The activity must provide an opportunity for active engagement for the students involved in it (for example, positions or activities that merely symbolize a student holding a title but not actually following through with programming/ duties/ etc. will not qualify to be added)
A: No. The CCR will not be retroactive, and all activities must be added during the same academic year in which the activity was completed. The first year activities that were eligible to be added to a student's CCR were from the 2013-2014 academic year.
A: Yes. A greater number of post-secondary institutions in Canada are researching, developing and implementing their Co-Curricular Records/ Transcripts. A few examples of institutions that have CCR/Ts include: Wilfrid Laurier University, York University, McGill University, Dalhousie University, University of Alberta, University of Calgary, University of Ottawa, and Western University.
A: Yes! The CCR team is currently undergoing the process of transferring all Work Study positions at U of T (across all three campuses) into the CCR database. Work Study positions that occur during Summer 2014 will only be included on the CCR if each position's employers/validators filled out the CCR questions on the Work Study form. As of Fall 2014, however, Work Study positions on the Career Learning Network (CLN) will automatically be transferred into the CCR database, negating the need for validators to fill out the extra CCR form. Please consult the U of T Career Learning Network (CLN) for full details on available Work Study postings. To see a sample of the record, click here. To view the competencies framework, click here. For general information about the CCR for staff/faculty, click here.
A: All current degree-seeking students, both undergraduate and graduate, and those who have graduated within the past 2 years can log on to their student account to access their Co-Curricular Record.
Once you log in select Co-Curricular Record on the left navigation, then Manage Co-Curricular Record. From this screen you can print a pdf of your record anytime on your account to attach to your application or other use. You also have the ability to customize your record, in the bottom right hand corner of each position is the Published on Record function. Click on the icon and it will turn green, then select "Actions you can take..." Print My Co-Curricular Record.
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org